Master of Business Administration (Integrated) (MBA(I)) (Earlier known as Master of Applied Management (MAM)) is a dual degree management programme with the intake of 60, started by AICTE in the academic year 2012-13, spreads in 10 semester.
The objectives of the (MBA(I)) are:
- To educate and groom the students to get entry level managerial positions in manufacturing / services organizations or to start and run own ventures with good business knowledge.
- To facilitate the development of students to take up growing challenges and find and implement solutions those are environmentally viable, ethically correct, and socially acceptable.
- To provide for job opportunities at different levels of management within organizations starting at middle level management in large PSUs and MNCs.
Degrees awarded: The course shall provide an undergraduate degree in Third year (BBA) followed by a Master’s degree in Fifth year (MBA).
1 Award of a Bachelor’s degree (BBA) at the end of three years, if one wishes to discontinue the studies,
2 Award of Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) at the end of five years.
Duration of the course: The course shall be for a total period of 5 years spread over ten semesters.
Entry Qualifications: For admission to this course, a student should have passed 12th standard (or equivalent) examination and obtained at least 45% (40% marks for reserved category students).
Admission taken at the first year shall be admission to “5 year dual degree course” and he/she will not be required to take re-admission at any stage of the course unless he/she discontinues the course after 3rd year.
Sanctioned Intake and admission
One division of 60 students is sanctioned with equal bifurcation form three streams namely Science, Commerce & Arts.
In case of non availability of students from one stream, remaining seats in that stream may be allotted to students from other two streams on equal basis. In case of non availability of students from two streams, remaining seats in those streams may be allotted.
Curriculum: Teaching Pedagogy shall comprise of presentations on Case studies, Group Discussions, Problem Solving Techniques appraising the problems with analytical ability. The course will follow semester pattern and will have 10 semesters of 16 weeks each. In addition to core subjects and specialization electives, course shall have subjects.
• To develop soft skills, seminars and Project component
• To study language and foreign Language
• To acquire communication skills
• To acquire soft skills
• To acquire Industry / Services Organization Training
And an industry based project in fifth year having inter-disciplinary approach in content and delivery.
The courses in the first year of MBA (I) are as follows: